Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thank you, Nana!

I am so grateful for my mom. She truly is a gift from God - on loan to us by the angels! She and Grandpa rushed into town the morning I went into labor...and she stayed a week afterwards serving us non-stop! She cared for Ty while we were in the hospital and once we came home, she had the house cleaned and looking so welcoming - candles lit, lamps on! Truth be told, she is probably trying to burn some of my 200+ candles that Brock promises will not make our next move! ;) I digress...anyway, she spent her days cooking, holding baby, spending quality time with Ty, doing laundry, and making sure I got my rest. She made everything so easy on me that I truly didn't have to lift a finger...I got to recuperate and rest. At the early morning feeds, I would feed Brylee and then mom would take over with the diaper changes, and soothing her back to sleep. So I was able to get a head start on sleep before the next feeding rolled around. That week with her here was nothing but enjoyable! I am so blessed to have her as my Mother! Thank you, MOM. We miss you!


Nana is known for fixing her grandbabies hair! She bought the gel needed to make a curl on top of Brylee's little head! So sweet!

Nana and Brylee Rose...her little namesake!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yes, your Mom, is indeed an angel! And she has the gift of hospitality, too. I'm so glad you have her.

Lisa Mae said...

Mom's are a wonderful gift! I have one too. Blessings to your sweet and beautiful Mom.

Anonymous said...

Hurray for help! Glad things are going well for yall!

melanie said...

Bless Nana for giving you the gift of extra sleep!! I love the hairdo too.