Friday, July 25, 2008

Pregnancy Poem

My sister-in-law has been feeding her blog addiction and came across this poem. Unfortunately, she has read so many blogs since she copied this, that she can no longer give credit to the writer. However, she is fairly sure it came from a "crazy" woman in the days before delivering her 12th, yes, that's right, a dozen children! YIKES! Anyhow, she figured I could relate. Enjoy!

What began as a hump
Has now grown to a bump–
A prodigious protrusion
With a single conclusion.

The mysterious movements
Can lead to amusement–
When the bump begins jiggling
The kids all start giggling.

I confess to some feeling
That the thing most appealing
About this endeavor:
It won't last forever.

The time is approaching
As the bump keeps encroaching
When bending and tying
my shoes won't be trying.

And certain activities
Which now are not done with ease
Will soon cause no more stress
Or lead to duress

The doing of laundry
Will cause me no quandary
And this extra stuffing
Will cause no more puffing

I'll traverse the staircase
At my usual fair pace
Instead of a slow crawl
Or deciding to not at all.

My bathroom excursions
Will be daily diversions
Of no more than 2 or 3
Instead of incessantly.

And my internal pieces
Which are now full of creases
From finding no space within
Will fall into place again.

They say it's not far away
That magical natal day
But I'm prone to disagree—
It seems all too far to me.

So bump, please be circumspect
I mean no great disrespect
But just so we're very clear:
My sanity's slipping here.

Your stay in my abdomen
Is coming now to an end—
9 months is a weary wait
Oh bump, be not late!

Happy once more I'll be
To view my feet easily
But happiest to see you, dear,
Residing in this bump so near.

2 comments:

melanie said...

I have sympathy for you just reading that. Brylee will be hear soon and won't all those things be so worth it? Hang in there... you are so close!

mukluk molly said...

teri...thanks for the invite to your blog...i love it! you are on the home stretch (this is hilarious, by the way...i'll keep it in mind for my future pregnancies...) good job and keep it up. this blogging thing is just too fun!!!