Friday, August 1, 2008

Pretty in Pink

Well - I am officially done with Brylee's nursery! What an accomplishment! I am still not sure if I like the arrangement of her name letters on the wall behind her crib - but I can still play with that. Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated from my talented friends...



I guess nesting has set in full time. Now, if those insticts would just stay with me as I enter every other room in my house! ;) Here are a few more pics of her room...different angles. The framed cross-stitch on the wall was completed in record time by Brock's mom who Brylee will call Oma! Lots of hours went into that labor of love!





Ty had to accompany me to my most recent OB appt - whish is NOT ideal when you are receiving a pelvic exam! That is another story...for another blog. Anywho...here he is assuming the OB doc position with gloves on! I was sitting on the table with sheet on waiting for the doctor. I couldn't resist capturing this photo. And, no, he was not seated there during the exam! I placed him to the side of me in a chair...I still have a bit of modesty and dignity left! hee hee (I can't seem to flip this photo...)

Do we have a Dr. Triplett on our hands?




Now I must move onto the next project at hand...while patiently awaiting the arrival of Miss Brylee!






10 comments:

Heather said...

Brylee's room looks great! Although I'm not sure if I qualify as a "talented friend" or not, I think what might be bothering you about Brylee's name letters is all the ribbons. I think it may be too much of a good thing. Anyhow, just my 2 cents worth.;) Can't wait for her to get here. And I'm REALLY going to be bummed when she's here, and I can't hold her! :(

Arbra Dale Triplett said...

Bryley Rose will soon be home,
In a pretty, pink, parlor all of her own.
Ty will be glad, and so will her dad,
A pastel-clad Princess just ain't all that bad!

Her precious nest crafted by Momma's sweet hands,
With laces and frills from the all-loving 'Grands'
A God-given treasure so Pretty in Pink -
So pretty- in fact- that her poopy don't stink!

-Uncle D

Josh, Krista, and Sophia Ritzmann said...

I think Heather may be right...Maybe the ribbon is bothering you. However, the nursery is so cute! You did a great job! And Uncle D's poem is soooooo sweet!
Can't wait to meet this little girl!

Erin said...

it isnt the ribbon that bothers you...the letters dont flow.The B is higher than everything else and they all seem to go at an angle downwards from there. Also, I would center Rose under the RYLE of Brylee. Try it and see what you think. Check out this pic on my blog and see what you think about Abby's letters. http://wesanderin.blogspot.com/2008/07/big-girl.html
LOVE the cross-stitch by the way!

Unknown said...

I love her nursery!!! My favorite is the changing table area! It looks like you have a nice big room! I think the letters are really cute. If you are not satisfied with the letters, I would just shorten your ribbons! Really cute!

Heather said...

Curtis here~
The ribbons are fine. You need to change the color of the ribbons. They blend in too much. Trust me, I know. Forget all these other comments, because U Curtis knows best...you hear me?!

Heather said...

Curtis here, again~
After looking at the picture for the 4th time, I believe it's the wall color that's the problem! You just need to re-paint the wall! OK? Make sure you get that done before bedtime! ;)

Emily said...

What a beautiful nursery with all my favorite colors!! You did a great job decorating...it looks so warm and inviting for Miss Brylee. What a lucky little girl! Can't wait to meet the Princess!

Anonymous said...

Dude the pics of Tye are crackin me up!!!

I tried the ribbons in Bella's room and I couldn't get them to look right either. I ended up having Shane put a tiny hole in the back of them and then I just put a nail in the wall and hung them. This way we could measure from the top of each letter and have them all in a pretty straight line.

I do love the ribbons when they are not all in a straight line....I just didnt have the patience to make them look right!

The nursery looks great though!!! I love it!!!

melanie said...

I am still laughing at loud seeing the pictures of your little Dr. Triplett. That might be the funniest and most disturbing sight I've seen at the same time!! (Ha!)
I LOVE the nursery. You have been busy and it is evident. It think it looks perfect for your little princess. The day is coming so quick... can't wait until your sweet blessing is here.